8 Great Ways to Enjoy a Getaway in Lanesboro MN
“Lanesboro MN is a wonderful town in southeastern Minnesota. It’s nestled in rolling hills, in close proximity to the scenic Root River, and it offers plenty to see and do. … One of Minnesota’s best small towns.”
So says one top travel blogger, and who are we to disagree? And the best way to enjoy a getaway to Lanesboro MN is to start and end each day’s adventures at our Lanesboro MN Bed and Breakfast. From a good night’s sleep in one of our luxuriously appointed, Victorian-themed guest rooms and a host of cozy amenties to a hearty breakfast to get your day on its way, we’ve got your covered in comfort. Plan your getaway in Lanesboro MN and reserve your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today!
8 Great Reasons for a Getaway Visit to Lanesboro MN
There’s no shortage of things to see and do during a getaway to Lanesboro MN (but check each place first for their COVID-19 restrictions) and here are some of our favorites:
- The Root River State Trail is probably Lanesboro MN’s primary attraction for visitors, and it’s no mystery why: its 42 “rails to trails” miles through the bluff country of Southeastern Minnesota are among the most stunning and scenic to be found. It’s equally enjoyable for biking, hiking, fishing, leaf-peeping and, soon, cross-country skiing.
- If you want to take in much of the same territory as the Root River Trail by vehicle, drive the Bluff Country National Scenic Byway. As Explore Minnesota says, you’ll “wind your way through what feels like a landscape painting of woodsy hills and dramatic dolomite bluffs, marked with the tranquil silhouette of a lone Amish buggy.”
- Take a tour of Amish country. Lanesboro and its neighboring small communities are home to the largest Amish settlement in the United States, and Amish Backroads Tours helps you created a stunning self-guided experience at your own pace through the area’s farms and shops. Amish Tours by R&M also offers a variety of customizable guided tours.
- Lanesboro Dam. One of just a handful of gravity-arch damns left in the U.S., this community treasure, on the National Registry of Historic Places, is in the middle of an extensive rehabilitation effort to save it from the ravages of age.
- Go fish. Trout — both in lakes and in rivers — is the name of the game in and around Lanesboro MN, and if you’re looking for gear or a guide for a wading outing or a drift-boat excursion, Root River Rod Co. can hook you up — literally.
- Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center. A great place for adults and kids alike to enjoy hiking trails, tree-top rope climbs, a rock-climbing wall, and numerous other nature-friendly outdoor activities.
- Great shopping. As befits a quirky town with an artistic bent, Lanesboro MN has shops full of the kind of gifts you can’t find anyplace else. You’ll find Amish goods, a farmers market, clothing and more here.
- Great restaurants. Whether you’re in Lanesboro proper or looking for a stop to sup along the Root River Trail, there are some great places to enjoy food and drink near you.
Where to Stay During Your Lanesboro MN Getaway
Wherever you go and whatever you do in and around Lanesboro MN, stay at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast, which elegantly combines the charm of pioneer-era America with the best in contemporary guest amenities. It’s the perfect place to begin and end each day’s explorations.
But don’t simply take our word for it. Check out some of the most recent of our more than 160 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor:
- “Our delicious and hearty breakfast was delivered to the foot of our stairs each morning in a picnic basket. This is just one of the ways Elaine and Mark have adjusted practices to minimize risk during the pandemic. … We look forward to returning to the Habberstad House!”
- “Elaine was a great host who made an incredible breakfast the next morning. Can’t say enough good things about this B&B. If we are ever back in Lanesboro, we will definitely be staying here again.”
- “The Scandinavian Suite was spacious and comfortable and had a cozy table to enjoy the quiche and baked pancake with blueberry peach compote. The weather was lovely so we were able to enjoy the private balcony and the many places on the grounds and to sit and read or relax. It was also close to downtown Lanesboro to walk down for dinner or hop on our bikes to ride the trail.”
Plan your getaway to Lanesboro MN, and reserve a room at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast today!