Pick Up Your Amish Goods on These Tours in Lanesboro!
The quaint town of Lanesboro, MN is a mecca for weekend getaways in Minnesota. It’s known as the “Bed and Breakfast Capital of Minnesota,” but it’s also well-known for its Amish culture. Amish Tours in Lanesboro, MN are a surprisingly great way to get out and experience the scenic countryside of Minnesota’s bluff country, but they are also the best way to get your hands on some of the legendary Amish-made goods, which range from delicious treats to lasting furniture and other handmade goods.
Amish Tours in Lanesboro, MN are just one of the many great things to do in Lanesboro, MN this summer. The area is also home to the extraordinary Root River Trail, one of the most popular Minnesota bike trails. Lanesboro is also a thriving arts community, with various art galleries, studios, and boutiques to explore. This small town has even ranked as one of the top 100 Small Arts Towns in America. Whatever brings you to Lanesboro, give yourself a few days to experience it all and stay at our #1-rated Lanesboro, MN Bed and Breakfast. Book Your Room Today!
The Best Amish Tours in Lanesboro, MN
The Amish communities surrounding Lanesboro are some of the largest in the country. They are located near Lanesboro, Preston, Canton, and Harmony. Amish tours in Lanesboro, MN present the best opportunity to purchase Amish-made crafts, baskets, quilts, leather goods, hardwood furniture, canned and baked items, candy, candles, soaps, fresh garden produce, and the always-popular sweet, buttery cashew crunch. It’s a local delicacy that you just don’t want to miss!
You’re welcome to take a scenic and self-guided Amish tour in Lanesboro, MN. You can download the Amish Backroads Tours directly to the device of your choosing – or rent a CD. These Amish tours in Lanesboro, MN are narrated audio tours to guide you to the best Amish farms, shops, and points of interest. It’s perfect if you’d rather explore Amish country at your own pace.
If you choose to go this route, you can expect to spend a total driving time of about 90 minutes on the tour, but it can take longer depending on how long you stay at each stop along the way. This particular Amish tour in Lanesboro, MN includes ten unique stops. Plan before you go, though, as most Amish shops and farms aren’t open on Sunday.
If you’d prefer a more guided adventure, join the fabulous Amish tours in Lanesboro, MN led by Bluffscape Amish Tours. This guided tour will take you to the best farms and shops in the area, where you’re free to purchase goods, browse, and learn all about the fascinating Amish culture. You can expect these tours to last about three hours. They are offered every Monday – Saturday and given their popularity, reservations are recommended.
8 More Great Things to do in Lanesboro, MN This summer
We can’t recommend either of these Amish tours in Lanesboro, MN enough – but they are certainly only one aspect of a great getaway to our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast! Thanks to our location next to the Root River, there are so many great things to do in Lanesboro. This area draws visitors all year long, but tourism truly takes off in summer. One look at the scenic Bluff Country of southeastern Minnesota, and you’ll understand why!
From taking Amish tours in Lanesboro, MN to tubing the Root River, it’s time to get away and enjoy all the best things to do in Lanesboro, MN. Here are the top things to consider for your next summer vacation!
- Ride the 42-mile paved Root River State Trail, which begins in Fountain, MN, and travels through many picturesque small towns, Lanesboro being one of them. Rentals are available at the Little River General Store.
- If you don’t want to bike, canoe or kayak, or float on the Root River Water Trail. You’ll follow the river, much like the bike path, through quaint towns and points of interest. The river moves gently, and rentals are available at Root River Outfitters.
- Shop through the charming independent boutiques in downtown Lanesboro, MN!
- Head to Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center and enjoy a hike on their 9 miles of trails, or do some birding or mountain biking, taking in the scenic views as you go.
- Don’t forget the chance to grab a classic summer treat: Ice cream at Another Time Ice Cream Parlor! This is small-town charm at its best.
- Take in a performance at The Commonweal Theater. The Commonweal Theater Company is one of the best theater companies in the Midwest, and guests at our Inn get discounted and reserved seats!
- Play a round of golf at the Lanesboro Golf Club’s 9-hole course.
- Get to know Lanesboro even more with a visit to the Lanesboro Historical Museum.
Whether you’re here specifically for the Amish tours in Lanesboro, MN, or you want to venture out and enjoy the Root River State Trail and all the other amazing things to do in Lanesboro, MN this summer, you’ll need a comfortable place to put your feet up at the end of the day. There’s no better place to stay in Lanesboro, MN than our historic Bed and Breakfast.
Spend your evening relaxing at the Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast. Our Lanesboro, MN Bed and Breakfast is within easy walking distance of most restaurants and amenities in downtown Lanesboro. Let us treat you to the best “Minnesota Nice” hospitality in the state. Book your room at our Lanesboro, MN Bed and Breakfast today!