Fall Colors Along the Root River Trail
As we come to the close of what has been another spectacular summer along the Root River State Trail in Lanesboro Mn, it’s time we start looking ahead to what fall will soon bring us. Fall is extraordinarily beautiful in Lanesboro. If you’ve never seen bluff country during the peak of fall colors, then this year is your chance to fall in love with this extraordinary region of Minnesota. The Root River Valley in southeastern Minnesota is easily considered one of the top hidden gems of the state. Of the many charming small towns that populate this area, Lanesoboro is undoubtedly the best. Book your room at our Lanesboro Mn Bed and Breakfast, and come see what all the hype is about this fall.
2019’s Best Fall Colors Near our Lanesboro Mn Bed and Breakfast
Between the scenic vistas, the delicious restaurants, the shopping, and the general vibe of our charmingly historic small town, it’s no wonder that Lanesboro has become such a popular destination along the Root River Trail in southeastern Minnesota. This fall is, without a doubt, the best time to visit. Located just 100 miles southeast of Minneapolis/St. Paul, Lanesboro’s natural surroundings set the stage for an incredible fall getaway. From mid-September through October, the rolling hills of the valley are alight with the fiery hues of autumn, when seemingly all at once the hardwood trees covering the towering limestone cliffs turn varying shades of red, orange, and yellow. Here are our 5 favorite ways to take in the fall colors near Lanesboro.
- Biking down the Root River State Trail, a 42-mile stretch of old Milwaukee Railroad, is one of the most popular ways to enjoy the fall colors near Lanesboro, Minnesota.
- Take a scenic drive along the Historic Bluff Country National Scenic Byway (State-16). Bluffs on both sides create photo ops aplenty, and the charming small towns of the Root River Valley are wonderful places to stop and take it all in. It’s a great excuse to enjoy a delicious slice homemade pie from Aroma Pie Shoppe; the perfect accompaniment to a crisp, fall day.
- Paddle down the root river itself, a slow-moving river that meanders east towards the Mississippi River. Kayaking or canoeing down the river is delightful in the summertime, but it’s even more beautiful in the fall.
- Head to the top of Magelssen Bluff, and enjoy the picturesque fall views of the town of Rushford below.
- Take a tour of Amish country, where the farms will soon be busy preparing for their winter corn harvest. Don’t miss the chance to shop for Amish goods, and to enjoy fresh glazed donuts, cashew crunch, homemade bread, and apple turnovers.
Keep an eye on the fall colors all throughout Minnesota and you’ll know exactly what to expect when you arrive at our Bed and Breakfast in charming Lanesboro. This area has been ranked as one of the best places to see fall colors in Minnesota. All you have to do is get here!
Stay at our Lanesboro Mn B&B
A relaxing getaway at our charming Bed and Breakfast in Lanesboro is just the ticket to an extraordinary fall getaway. Our beautiful Queen Anne Victorian home, dating back to 1897, offers 5 guest rooms and a carriage house, as well as a beautifully landscaped yard that is splendid in the fall. We’re close to downtown Lanesboro and the many delightful restaurants and shops, art galleries, and the Commonweal Theater, and just minutes from the Root River Trail. This fall, enjoy an unforgettable vacation to Minnesota’s bluff country. Book your room at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast today.