5 Fascinating Things to Do in Lanesboro This Fall
Looking for things to do in Lanesboro this fall? There’s no better place to take in Midwest fall color than a Midwest river town, with its lush greenery giving way to gorgeous reds, oranges and golds against the dramatic backdrop of stark high bluffs over rippling river water. And Lanesboro, Minnesota, a charming small town in the heart of historic bluff country on the Root River, is the perfect place to walk the woods, stroll the sidewalks, ride the river and do much more. One authority calls Lanesboro the “Belle of Bluff Country.” Certainly that is something worth seeing this fall?
Habberstad House Bed & Breakfast, which elegantly combines the charm of pioneer-era America with the best in contemporary guest amenities, is the perfect place to begin and end each day’s explorations. From here, it’s easy to enjoy all of the wonderful things to do in Lanesboro in the fall! Reserve a room at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast today!
Some of Our Favorite Things to Do in Lanesboro in the Fall
Here are some things to do in Lanesboro that we enthusiastically suggest to our guests:
- The Root River Trail is one of the biggest draws to Bluff Country, and possibly its most picturesque stretch is the portion of the 42-mile route that passes through Lanesboro. This rails-to-trails public space offers equally fantastic biking, hiking and water-paddling opportunities, and you can rent a bicycle or kayak as easily as you can bring your own. You’ll also encounter other charming river towns along the way.
- Taking in the fall colors should be at the top of your list of things to do in Lanesboro this fall. The Root River Trail offers one set of opportunities to see Minnesota’s blazing autumn foliage, but there’s plenty of others. If you’re inclined to take a drive, there’s no better way to leaf-peep than along the Historic Bluff Country Scenic Byway. And there’s plenty to do and see at the many quaint small towns along the route.
- Take a tour of Amish country. The Amish first settled in Lanesboro and other southeastern Minnesota towns in the 1970s, and a few thousand live in the region. Today, you can see working Amish farms and shop for Amish-made goods in and around Lanesboro through an audio tour available from Amish Backroads Tours. This 10-stop tour is available every day of the week except, of course, Sunday.
- Savor the great local dining opportunities, both in Lanesboro and elsewhere along the Root River Trail. Especially recommended is the comfort food from Pedal Pushers Café, the fine dining and cozy ambiance of the Old Village Hall Restaurant & Pub, and the lovably quirky Lanesboro Pastry Shoppe, where there’s no menu — you just tell them what you’d like and they’ll make it.
- Any list of things to do in Lanesboro should include taking in Lanesboro’s delightful shopping options. Visit the Peddler Antiques & Uniques; Windy Mesa, featuring Native American gifts; and the authentic delights of Amish Experiences for something unique and memorable.
Where to Begin and End Each Day’s Lanesboro Adventures
Whatever things to do in Lanesboro you settle on in a given day, Habberstad House is the perfect place to gear up and wind down. We get you started with a delicious, hearty breakfast full of the finest of locally grown and made foods, and our cozy, luxuriant guest rooms help you get the rest you need for another day’s adventures. But don’t take our word for it — check out some of our five-star reviews on TripAdvisor from some of our recent guests. Put our bed & breakfast at the top of your list of things to do in Lanesboro, and reserve your room today!