6 Reasons Our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast Is the Best Choice
Lanesboro is considered the Bed and Breakfast Capital of Minnesota, which tells you something about its appeal to visitors. So if you’re planning a visit to this charming Southeast Minnesota riverfront town, why not plan to stay at the best Lanesboro’s Bed and Breakfast?
Our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast is nestled near the historic heart of downtown Lanesboro, which itself is nestled in the heart of what we call Bluff Country, for the stunningly scenic high banks that overlook the Root River. That makes our inn the perfect place for a relaxing winter getaway. Curl up in cozy comfort, protected from the winter chill, or experience the abundance of delights that await you in downtown Lanesboro. Either way, make your travel plans and book your getaway at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast today!
6 Reasons Our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast Is Your Best Choice
- Surround yourself with living history. The Habberstad House, built in 1897 by Olaf and Celia Habberstad, is nearly as old as Lanesboro itself. It later became a nursing home, a hospital, and a boarding house. Eventually, this delightful house was made into a Bed and Breakfast, and in doing so was renovated within its original bones that retains its exquisite Queen Anne Victorian charm, while still offering plenty of modern amenities.
The main floor has retained the original oak woodwork and remains in beautiful condition. Eight-foot-high pocket doors, with their original hardware, separate the front parlor, sitting, and dining rooms. A beautiful built-in oak hutch and a carved oak mantled fireplace in the sitting room are just a couple of the highlights. Throughout, the house is decorated with antiques that complement the period and the architecture of the home.
- The best of old and new in our guest rooms. Each of our six guest suites — the Amish the Scandinavian the Heather, the Rose, the Orchid Room, along with our separate Carriage House — has a different decor theme that reflects a piece of Lanesboro’s past. And while you’re surrounded by cozy old-time comfort, you’ll have every contemporary convenience. Every room has Wi-fi, central heating/air conditioning, a hairdryer, and a host of other luxury amenities.
- Cozy common areas. Our parlor is a great place to curl up with a good book, or to play a board or card game from our shelves with your companion. Coffee, cookies, chocolates, tea, and fresh apples are always available in the parlor. And even in late fall, our front porch and gardens make for a peaceful respite.
- Delicious and hearty two-course breakfasts. We start with fresh fruit, often served either with local cheese or homemade granola. Savory quiche, oven-baked French toast, applesauce pancakes, pannekoeken, and pit-smoked bacon are often included in the main course. And now, we offer breakfast-to-go in a bag for you to take on the trail or for a picnic. Just let us know in advance.
- Great vacation packages and specials. For couples wanting to add a little something extra-special to their romantic getaway, we offer red roses, wine or prosecco, chocolates, and more.
- Easy access to all things Lanesboro. Our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast is an easy six-block stroll from downtown Lanesboro, and an equally easy drive to any point along the Root River Trail, which connects several Southeast Minnesota river towns with their own wonderful things to see and do, as well as Amish farms with homegrown food and wares for sale, and the other signature things to see and do in this quaint town. Here are some more ideas. Be sure to check before venturing out of our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast to see what’s open and what’s closed during current COVID-19 restrictions.
The Most Charming Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast
You can’t do better than Lanesboro if you’re looking for an out-of-the-way getaway in late fall and early winter. And you can’t do better in the Bed and Breakfast Capital of Minnesota than the best Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast. So make your travel plans for Bluff Country and reserve your room today at our Southeastern Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today!