The Perfect Weekend Getaway From Minneapolis and St. Paul
The perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul just happens to be our Lanesboro bed and breakfast! There is an abundance of things to do and see in the surrounding area for a fun-filled, romantic, and relaxing weekend away from the city. Lanesboro is a quiet community in Southeastern Minnesota that is often referred to as a hidden gem. This peaceful town has a charming atmosphere where many creative people thrive. Between the arts, outdoor activities, and the comfort of our Minnesota accommodations you are sure to find the best getaway here!
Come stay at our Lanesboro inn for the best bed and breakfast experience in Bluff Country. Our historic Queen Anne Victorian lodging features 5 private guest rooms, parlors, and a private carriage house for the ultimate getaway. At the end of a day of explorations and adventures in Lanesboro and beyond, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you are coming back to a cozy, comfortable, and beautiful space to relax in. If you are looking for the perfect place to escape to where you can truly unwind this season, book your stay with us today!
The Perfect Weekend Getaway From Minneapolis and St. Paul
Come get out and away from the hustle and bustle of city life for a weekend getaway to Lanesboro MN! This quiet and peaceful community is only about 2 hours drive from Minneapolis so you can really maximize your time and weekend plans. Not only is our Lanesboro bed and breakfast set up as a great retreat for guests, but there is also plenty of fun and relaxing things to do in the surrounding area to make for a perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul. The area is such a great place to escape the everyday pressures and unwind. Here are our favorite ways to enjoy the perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis.
- The town of Lanesboro provides a charming atmosphere where there is an abundance of unique shopping as well as fine dining at area restaurants. A stroll through downtown is a great part of your perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Stop by the Lanesboro History Museum to see a model of the Dam. At the Little River General Store, you can grab a souvenir, snacks, and rent kayaks, tubes, and bikes. Another Time Ice Cream Parlor is a great spot to indulge in a sweet treat as well as getting something delectable at the Lanesboro Pastry Shoppe.
- After you rent a bike at the Little River General Store you can take it over to the Root River State Trail for a fun ride through the bluffs of the Root River valley. The trail that runs through picturesque and historical towns is an ideal way to spend time during your perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul. The 42 miles of biking trails offer outstanding views of the limestone bluffs and is one of the most scenic trails in the Midwest. You can also rent a canoe or kayak and see the sight from the river by following the Root River State Water Trail.
- Stop by the Lanesboro Farmers Market to get fresh veggies, eggs, plants, fruits, jams and jellies, baked goods, and more! This is a great way to get a sense of the community here and a stroll through the market is a must for your perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Pick up something for a picnic or find that treasure you’ve been searching for.
- Part of a perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul is to slow down and view life from another perspective. Step out of city life and back in time with a Bluffscape Amish Tour. You’ll visit the largest Amish community in Minnesota with stops at 5-6 farms along the way on this 3-hour tour. If you’d prefer to go at your own pace there is the Amish Backroads Tour with is an audio tour to purchase. Sure to be a highlight of your time spent here.
- Head out to one of our many restaurants or wineries for some romantic time or a casual local experience as a part of your perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul. At Root River Unwined they serve products from local farmers, brewers, and vintners in a relaxed atmosphere. The Old Village hall is fine dining in a casual setting. The deck overlooks the Root River bike path. Sylvan Brewing is the first brewery in Lanesboro in over 100 years that serves craft beer and snacks. Four Daughters Vineyard and Winery is a beautiful spot to taste wine, talk about wine, and have a fun experience.
- A stay at our Lanesboro bed and breakfast will definitely make for the perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul. We are set up with your ultimate comfort and relaxation in mind. We offer beautifully appointed guest rooms. Each room is a bright space and decorated uniquely with different amenities to suit your specific needs for the best weekend escape. Choose the room that will help you unwind and rejuvenate. Our Carriage Room is for those seeking complete privacy. This newly renovated space has a private entrance, galley kitchen, seating, a fireplace, and a full bathroom.
The Best Lanesboro Lodging
For your perfect weekend getaway from Minneapolis and St. Paul, our Lanesboro accommodations are the best for comfort and relaxation. Our picturesque inn is your retreat from the world. Along with our cozy and comfortable guest rooms, we also offer a home-cooked 2-course breakfast each morning. Fuel up for your explorations of the area with a savory quiche, french toast, or pit-smoked bacon. We even have a to-go breakfast if you are looking to head out early for an adventure.
With all of the fun and relaxing things to do in Lanesboro, combined with a stay at our Minnesota oasis, you are sure to have the getaway of your dreams! If you want the ultimate place to escape to that will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed, book your room today!