The Top 10 Things to do in Lanesboro MN This Summer
The things to do in Lanesboro MN are an array of activities that range from going on adventures down the Root River to strolling around downtown Lanesboro and seeing all that this unique and eclectic town has to offer! Located in the heart of Bluff Country, this area is one of Minnesota’s favorite getaways not only because of its small-town charm but the natural beauty of the surrounding area is breathtaking and features many opportunities to get out and explore. Just 2 hours south of Minneapolis, this hidden gem is the perfect place for a weekend escape to relax and reconnect.
Let our Lanesboro lodging be your perfect getaway this summer! Our charming bed and breakfast feature 5 elegantly appointed guest rooms with private bathrooms in our historic house built in 1897. For more seclusion, you may want to stay in our luxurious carriage house with a king-size bed and spa bathroom. We offer the quintessential bed and breakfast experience at our quaint inn that includes a home-cooked scrumptious breakfast to get your day started out right! If you want the ideal place to escape to this summer for a weekend retreat, book your stay with us today!
Things to do in Lanesboro MN This Summer
Lanesboro sits nestled in what’s known as the bluff country of Southeastern Minnesota next to the beautiful Root River. This area draws visitors all year long due to the many ways you can explore the outdoors here and the interesting and charming small-town feel. This summer, as the world begins to once again open up, the things to do in Lanesboro MN are increasing and the town is starting to welcome more visitors as well. Here are the top 10 things to do in Lanesboro on your next visit this summer!
- Summer is the perfect time to get out for a long bike ride. A ride along the 42-mile paved Root River State Trail is a must-do. This beautiful trail begins in Fountain, MN, and travels through many picturesque small towns, Lanesboro being one of them. You’ll get outstanding views of the limestone bluffs that surround the area, ride along the river through forestlands, and see many points of interest like historical sites. Rentals are available at many locations in town like the Little River General Store.
- Want to get out on the water? A great option on a warm summer day is to canoe or kayak on the Root River Water Trail. You’ll follow the river, much like the bike path, through quaint towns and points of interest. From the water, you’ll get the opportunity to see the bluffs towering over you as you glide past. The river is mostly a gentle flow and you can rent canoes and kayaks in Lanesboro at Root River Outfitters.
- A stroll through the downtown is one of the best things to do in Lanesboro, MN to really get a sense of this unique place. There are many locally owned and run shops to stop in. You may find the perfect souvenir to remember your time here. At places like The Peddler, Windy Mesa, and Amish Experience you are sure to see something unique take home.
- One of the more unique things to do in Lanesboro MN is to take an Amish Tour in the country. The Lanesboro area is home to a large community of Amish and an Amish tour is an informative and interesting way to understand a different way of life and a different culture. With Bluffscape Amish Tours you’ll visit farms and stop by Amish shops for homemade goods to buy.
- Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center is a residential outdoor school program facility that is committed to nature education. They offer over 9 miles of trails around their campus that are open to the public. Along the beautiful trails, there are opportunities for birding, hiking, mountain biking, and you’ll get scenic overlooks of the area. They even open up their high ropes course to the public in the summer.
- One of the classic things to do in Lanesboro MN this summer is to stop by Another Time Ice Cream Parlor for a refreshing cold snack. They feature 30 flavors of Bridgeman’s ice cream along with Caribou Coffee and espresso bar.
- After more than a year, The Commonweal Theater is opening its doors once again to audiences and visitors! This is a must-do of things to do in Lanesboro MN this summer as this small town prides itself on the rich artistic experiences it has offered here. The Commonweal Theater Company also happens to be one of the best theater companies in the Midwest. This summer they have a full schedule of professional performances to share.
- Over in Houston, MN you’ll want to go see the International Owl Center where you will get the opportunity to meet owl ambassadors up close. They offer live owl programs throughout the day. This is a unique and informative way to understand these magnificent birds.
- One of the best things to do in Lanesboro MN this summer is to take in a round of golf. The Lanesboro Golf Club offers a 9-hole course. This club was established in 1929 and is a great place for a morning or evening round.
- Get to know Lanesboro even more with a visit to the Lanesboro Historical Museum. Here they feature an extensive collection of history, pictures, genealogy, and artifacts. The museum fills 3 floors and is a fun and informative way to learn about Lanesboro.
The Perfect Lanesboro Lodging
After exploring some of the fun things to do in Lanesboro MN you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you have an elegant, yet casual space to return to at the end of the day. Each of our guest rooms reflects the beauty and culture of Lanesboro and highlights the history and architecture of our historical Minnesota bed and breakfast. We offer a home-cooked breakfast made with locally grown or purchased ingredients. You’ll enjoy dishes such as applesauce pancakes, pit-smoked bacon, and savory quiche to name a few. Come relax, unwind, slow down, and feel rejuvenated with a visit to beautiful Lanesboro. If you are ready for the ideal summer escape this summer book your stay with us today!