What to do in Lanesboro MN This Fall
Lanesboro, MN, is a wonderful destination any time of year, but it’s particularly magical during the fall. Fall is the season when the lush green surroundings that make the Root River Trail so appealing in summer give way to the dramatic reds, oranges, and golds of fall. The contrast in colors alone is beautiful, especially when set against the towering bluffs along the river. Though there are plenty of things to do in Lanesboro in the fall, this season is really about slowing down.
There’s no better place to slow down, reconnect, and rekindle your own flame this fall than at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is an impeccably maintained Queen Anne Victorian home that offers just 5 private guest rooms and the best midwest hospitality in town. Lanesboro is a top getaway destination for a reason, and it won’t take you long to see why especially when you choose to stay in relaxed comfort with us at the Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast. Book your stay today!
Our Favorite Things to do in Lanesboro This Fall
Lanesboro has long been rated as one of the top getaways destinations in Minnesota. There are many great things to do in Lanesboro, of course, but the real draw to this area is the dramatically beautiful landscapes. They are quite a bit different than the rest of the typically flat midwest. As beautiful as the area is, the draw to Lanesboro goes well beyond the scenery. There are also plenty of wonderful things to do in Lanesboro, not least of which is enjoy the ambiance of this small and charming town.
It goes without saying that one of our favorite things to do in Lanesboro in the fall is to admire Minnesota’s fall colors. There are plenty of great places to do that, too! From mid-September through October, the valley’s rolling hills are alight with the fiery hues of autumn. Here are our 4 favorite ways to take in the Minnesota fall colors near Lanesboro.
- Biking down the Root River State Trail.
- Take a scenic drive along the Historic Bluff Country National Scenic Byway (State-16).
- Paddle down the root river itself, a slow-moving river that meanders east towards the Mississippi River.
- Head to the top of Magelssen Bluff, and enjoy the picturesque fall views of the town of Rushford below.
Keep an eye on the fall colors throughout Minnesota, and you’ll know exactly what to expect when you arrive at our Bed and Breakfast in charming Lanesboro. This area has been ranked as one of the best places to see fall colors in Minnesota.
Of course, there are so many more things to do in Lanesboro this fall than simply enjoying the fall colors. Here are a few more of our favorite ideas for things to do in Lanesboro on your fall getaway:
- Take a tour of Amish country. The Amish first settled in Lanesboro and other southeastern Minnesota towns in the 1970s, and a few thousand live in the region. Today, you can see working Amish farms and shop for Amish-made goods in and around Lanesboro through an audio tour available from Amish Backroads Tours. This 10-stop tour is available every day of the week except, of course, Sunday.
- Savor the great local dining opportunities, both in Lanesboro and elsewhere along the Root River Trail. Especially recommended is the comfort food from Pedal Pushers Café, the fine dining and cozy ambiance of the Old Village Hall Restaurant & Pub, and the lovably quirky Lanesboro Pastry Shoppe, where there’s no menu — you tell them what you’d like, and they’ll make it.
- Any list of things to do in Lanesboro should include taking in Lanesboro’s delightful shopping options. Visit the Peddler Antiques & Uniques; Windy Mesa, featuring Native American gifts; and the authentic delights of Amish Experiences for something unique and memorable.
- Take in a performance at the Commonweal Theatre – guests of our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast enjoy special pricing and reserved seats.
The Best Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast
Between the scenic vistas, the delicious restaurants, the shopping, and the quaint atmosphere of Lanesboro, you definitely won’t run out of things to do in Lanesboro this fall. It’s no wonder that this town has become such a popular destination. This fall is, without a doubt, the best time to visit, too. Add to it a relaxing getaway at our charming Bed and Breakfast, and you have the perfect recipe for a great fall getaway.
Not only do we offer the 5 best guest rooms near Lanesboro, but we also treat you to a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay. Breakfasts aren’t fancy, but they are certainly delicious, with high-quality home cooking and sensational ingredients. We also serve delicious coffee and tea each morning. Tea drinkers will be absolutely thrilled with our Large Leaf Discovery Collection from Twinings of London. This fall, enjoy an unforgettable vacation to Minnesota’s bluff country. Book your room at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast today.