Spring into Art With Us in Lanesboro, Minnesota
The charming town of Lanesboro is nestled in the Root River Valley of Minnesota. This quaint little town has been charming visitors for decades, and has earned itself the reputation as being the “Bed and Breakfast Capital of Minnesota.” Guests come back year after year for a variety of reasons, not least of which is the scenic natural beauty found here. Beyond that, Lanesboro is also an extraordinarily creative community, and in 2013 was named one of the country’s “Top 12 Small Town Artplaces” by Artplace America. That’s quite an honor for a town with a population of less than 1,000 people. This March, experience the arts in Lanesboro for yourself, with the Spring into Art Festival. As you look for lodging in Lanesboro, you’ll find nothing that beats the historic Habberstad House. Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
Spring into Art Festival in Lanesboro
Lanesboro’s Spring into Art Festival will take place over two weekends in March, 2019: The 21- 24, and the 28 – 31. These weekends both promise to be interactive celebrations of artistic creativity and community. They are co-sponsored by Lanesboro’s Commonweal Theatre and Lanesboro Arts. The featured events include:
- Art-Making Crawl, your chance to engage in various art-making experiences, including watercolor, collage, charcoal, pastels, tempera on canvases, wire sculpture, fabric looms, book & stamp making, and more.
- Canvas Clash, a fast-paced, live painting tournament in the Commonweal Theatre Events Hall.
- Art Exhibitions at the Lanesboro Arts Gallery.
- Film Screenings at the Commonweal Theatre.
- Live Music at various locations.
- Panel Discussions and Artists talks.
- Production of Bakersfield Mist by Stephen Sachs and In a Word by Lauren Yee at the Commonweal Theatre.
Recharge at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast
After a full day of artistic adventure, come back to the restful accommodations at the Habberstad House Bed and Breakfast, located in Lanesboro, Minnesota. We offer the finest amenities and unbeatable hospitality, all of which will leave you wanting for nothing during your stay with us. That is, after all, the entire point of a getaway to a small Bed and Breakfast like ours. Come celebrate the arts with us this spring, and book your room at our Lanesboro Bed and Breakfast today!